.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Anarchist Priest

My spiritual and practical journey to becoming an ordained Anglican priest in Canada.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Cinematic Moment

I have often had the feeling as I am in the midst of doing something that I am in a movie. My eyes see what the camera sees and everything in my vision takes on a heightened dramatic, or comedic, feeling and intensity. The arrangement of the background, the sounds, the lighting, they all combine in the same powerful fashion as in a film: a cinematic moment.

In the past I have considered this to be a happy synchronicity that gave my life the same kind of intensity that a great movie has. I was reflecting art over life. That was stupid.

Tonight I had the feeling again and realized during that moment that I was not superimposing a film-like effect on my life, but I was in my life. Everything I was experiencing held meaning because I was in a meaningful moment of my life. These cinematic moments occur when I am really being myself, living in my life in the truest way I can. I am expressing and feeling myself honestly. I am setting another level of awareness upon myself that lets me understand I am alive and that I should enjoy this moment. I should drink deeply from it.

I catch myself singing, dancing or reading aloud, making love, in conversation or prayer, and the cinematic moment happens. It is a wonderful feeling that makes my flesh tingle and a calm bliss descends over me. I know that the hyper awareness I am feeling may be from an extra boost of hormones hitting my brain, and the bliss may the release endorphins, yet this definition does not hold much meaning to me. But if I define the cinematic moment as a divine moment, then it both holds meaning and significance.

If the moment in which you are most aware of whom you are and that you are expressing this in the very fabric of your life cannot be described as being with God, what experience can?

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, anarchist priest. I have a new website that you may enjoy. Our interests seem similar.

Peace,

Bill

admin@anglicanresistance.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares