.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Anarchist Priest

My spiritual and practical journey to becoming an ordained Anglican priest in Canada.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Generous Orthodoxy

I have been very fortunate to have a friend in Lance Dixon, an Anglican minister who has been invaluable in my discernment process. That’s the fancy term for the journey to become a priest. He leads a new group that is designing a new congregation/service at Trinity Church in Streetsville, Ontario called Evolution.

I have had many discussions with Lance and he has suggested some excellent reading for me that have been very direct and on the point of my journey. One that I just picked up has been really exciting for me to read. I thought I would make a quick post right at the start of my reading of it, and then make follow-up posts as I progress through it. I have even discovered a blog devoted entirely to the book and its author's writings:

agenerousorthodoxy.blogspot.com

The book is, “A Generous Orthodoxy” by Brian McLaren on Zondervan. There are also some websites where you can check out McLaren’s ideas:

www.anewkindofchristian.com

www.emergentvillage.com

www.crcc.org

I look forward to adding my comments regarding this book. With so many great recommendations from Lance, perhaps he should start a book list?

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares