.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Anarchist Priest

My spiritual and practical journey to becoming an ordained Anglican priest in Canada.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Process, process, process

To become ordained in the Anglican Church in Canada you must do two main things. The first is to enroll in a theological school to earn a Masters of Divinity degree. The other is to be taken on by a diocese, a regional division or area where a bishop has authority. I'm in the process of both. I've applied to the Diocese of Huron and will be attending a bishop's conference for postulants later this month. Both of these processes require a practical placement in a church, and I am currently at Grace Anglican in Brantford. I've given my first sermon there, and participate in the litugry in a deaconate role. This has all been keeping me very busy, but I hope to posting longer entries soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares